How do you develop the skills of a great Strategic Account Manager?
Answer: by practicing them in a safe environment.
The SAM2Win Simulator is a highly innovative online training tool that allows Account Managers (SAMs, KAMs or GAMs) to learn and practice the essential strategic skills necessary to achieve more profitable growth with your top accounts.
Five suppliers compete with each other for the business of one complex global account. To win the game, a supplier needs to gain a deep understanding of the account, read the changing relationship landscape, correctly assess the competition, develop a cohesive account growth strategy and execute it successfully.
It can be delivered in a number of ways, from a traditional two day classroom-based workshop through to a full online program.
We have over 40 years of experience working with Account Managers, Strategic Account Management programs and the interface with key business functions like marketing and procurement. Much of this is now in our simulation, all ready to help develop the best Account Managers of the future.
- Segmenting an account and picking the best opportunities
- Winning with targeted value propositions
- Anticipating and responding to market dynamics
- Diagnosing and dealing with different procurement situations
- Communicating a clear account strategy
- Voted Best Workshop by members of the Strategic Account Management Association
- Finalist in the Chartered Institute of Marketing’s Marketing Excellence Awards
- Players have included students of leading Business Schools and executives from Procter & Gamble, Kone, Marriott and Siemens
“It really helped us to understand good Strategic Account Management principles and how to apply them to our business. Using a SAM simulation significantly enhanced the overall learning experience.” – Program Manager, Customer Relationship and Account Management (global corporation)
“A big thank you for yesterday. The content was of great interest and very much along the lines the SPA have been advocating for many years. There was very positive feedback from all who I, and the other committee members, spoke with.” – Sales Performance Association
“Thanks for all your help with the simulation this year. The reflective essays were excellent, the students clearly learnt a lot and enjoyed the simulation experience, so thanks again.” – Portsmouth Business School
Feedback from corporate participants:
“It was fantastic … it made us focus on the important things like the client’s market, the client needs, the competitors and our strengths etc… to win more share of wallet and profit”
“A very different and incredibly effective way to learn how to manage our most important customer relationships”
“Actually using the Simulator was brilliant”
“It gave a new perspective to account plans and strategy”
“I liked participating in the simulation game prior to the session. I enjoy games and activities to learn. Excellent!”
“A great way to learn about account planning.”
“I enjoyed the game and learning concepts. Thank you!”
“It was user friendly, with a lot of useful information. You can see the results of your decisions quickly and the group discussions were great!”
“Thanks a lot for the very interesting day”
“I thoroughly enjoyed the people interactions and the real case examples”
Feedback from Business School students:
“I really liked that it was something new and out of my comfort zone which makes you think critically and try to make the right decisions”
“There were a lot of good tools available to analyse performance and assist in decision making. It really challenges you to think broadly when making decisions”
“I think this game is a really different way to learn and provides good experience that can be applied in the work environment”
“This was a very good experience which has taught me a lot about business. I have been wanting to experience something like this which can show me whether I am ready for business, and this game did. I am now confident I am ready”
“The competitive aspect of it is incredibly motivating. I really liked the whole fighting over share of wallet aspect and trying to meet the account’s needs”
“I thoroughly enjoyed this experience.”
Users also love:
- “Applying the strategic account management theories in the game and working out the strategy in a team”
- “Understanding more about client needs, forming the account strategy and working as a team”
- “The competition and the learning throughout the game”
- “All the small details which affected the outcome of the performance. It was a very realistic game”
- “The competitiveness between groups”
- “Its level of realism and the various key management tools”
- “The changing opportunities, and being able to target specific ones”
- “The way in which the account we were involved in changed and evolved as the game went on, that was very realistic”
- “The interactive nature and competitive element”
- “The real world applications it draws from, using various sources to make decisions and those decisions having a real impact”
- “Easy to use dashboard”
- “The hidden strategies of the game. One has to think critically.”
- “Being able to be risky.”
For more recommendations, please visit: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/edmundbradford
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.